1. Information under the battery law
Since our shipments can include batteries / accumulators, we are obligated under the battery law to inform you about the following:
1. Batteries and accumulators must not be disposed of in the domestic waste, you are obligated to return used batteries and accumulators by law.
2. Used batteries can contain harmful substances that can be detrimental to your health and the environment if stored / disposed of improperly. However, batteries also include important resources for example iron, zinc, manganese or nickel which can be utilised.
3. You can send the batteries back to us after use or return them free of charge (for example in stores near you, in local collection points or in our shipping storage).
4. Returning them in stores is limited for the end-user to the usual amount and used batteries, which the seller stocks or stocked as new batteries.
5. The sign with the crossed-out dustbin means that batteries and accumulators must not be disposed of in the domestic waste.
Under this sign you will additionally find the following symbols with the meaning:
Pb: Battery contains lead
Cd: Battery contains cadmium
Hg: Battery contains mercury
2. Notes on the battery pledge
Used batteries must not be disposed of in the domestic waste. As the end-user, you are obligated by law to return used batteries. You can return batteries after use in stores, free of charge.
Under § 10 Battery Law, in connection with selling vehicle batteries to end-users, we are obligated to levy a pledge of 7,50 euros including income tax for each vehicle battery if an end-user does not return an old vehicle battery at the time of the purchase. After levying a pledge, we are obligated to refund the pledge when you return an old vehicle battery to us (PCI Diagnosetechnik GmbH & Co. KG – Schulstr. 44 – 93339 Riedenburg, Germany).
Additionally, we are obligated to refund the pledge when you return an old vehicle battery to a seller of vehicle batteries, a disposal provider under public law or a person who runs a treatment facility for end-of-life vehicles under the End-of-Life Vehicle Ordinance and show or send us a written or electronic disposal verification. When showing or sending us the verification it must not be older than two weeks.
As a business enterprise, other economic businesses or a public institution you also have the option to dispose of the used battery directly at the manufacturers or at commercial disposal contractors; we will also refund the pledge to you after you show or send us a written or electronic disposal verification from these collection points. When showing or sending us the verification it must not be older than two weeks.
3. Additional Links
Information about the battery law of the Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection