This is a diagnostic system that had its quality approved and was given a general overhaul. Refurbishing, meaning an overhaul that ensures the products quality, helps reduce the amount of electronic waste and is environmentally friendly.
The HEX+CAN-USB Interface hardware supports all vehicles of the brands Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda and Bentley from 1992 to 2015, occasionally model year 2016. For separate and especially older models / other brands (for example Linde, KTM), additional adapters are optionally available. In EOBD mode this interface grants access to diagnostic functions concerning exhaust and spanning multiple brands (for example Mercedes Benz, BMW, newer Opel models, all French brands, multiple Asian brands and much more).
This diagnostic system does not have a VIN limitation. Furthermore, due to the licence dongle functionality the HEX+CAN-USB interface hardware is multi-workstation capable.
- Plug-in VC-Scope, TDI-Graph and LCode
- Software updates through download for free for an indefinite period of time, however at least 12 months from the purchase date
- Technical support after purchase through the German VCDS discussion board and the German VCDS Wiki
- Manual for the use of the German VCDS discussion board and the German VCDS Wiki
The following application possibilities are supported:
- Automated test sequence
- Control device information (and expanded CAN information)
- Actuator test (sequential / selective)
- Basic setting
- Coding (short / long / subsystems)
- Value blocks (real-time data)
- Adaption (long / short)
- Readiness (read / set)
- German database of fault codes with error texts
- Service reset
- EOBD / OBD2 functions (spans multiple brands)
- and much more!
- 16 pole ISO 9141-2 OBD2 plug made from tough ABS plastic with proper fit
- Flexible USB connection cable
- Gold plated contacts for highest stability and contact security
- 2 CAN diagnosis cables (CAN high / CAN low)
- Dual colour LED with status function for communication and short circuit detection
- Licence dongle functionality for VAG-COM diagnosis software (VCDS)
- Automatic baud rate detection
- Practical velcro cable binders for orderly storage
Working memory: minimum of 4 GB
Hard disk space: minimum of 1 GB
Port: USB 1.1 or newer
Screen resolution: minimum of 800 x 600 (1024 x 768 recommended)
Processor: Intel Pentium IV (equivalent or better)
Single-core Atom Processors are no longer supported
Operating systems: current Microsoft Windows operating system
VCDS works on notebooks, subnotes, tablet PCs, most netbooks as well as standard desktop PCs. Furthermore, VCDS is not compatible with Microsoft Windows CE and RT!
Other operating systems like GNU/Linux or Apple Mac OS are no longer supported. The usage of virtual machines, for example, VirtualPC, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox or VMware is not advised.