This product is a diagnostic system that had its quality approved and was given a general overhaul. Refurbishing, meaning an overhaul that ensures the products quality, helps reduce the amount of electronic waste and is environmentally friendly.
The HEX+CAN-USB Interfacehardware supports all diagnosable VAG models from 1992 to 2015, occasionally mmodel year 2016. For some, especially older models or third party brands (for example Linde, KTM), optional adapters are available. In EOBD mode this interface grants access to diagnostic functions concerning exhaust and spanning multiple brands (for example Mercedes Benz, BMW, newer Opel models, all french brands, multiple asian brands and much more).
This diagnosis system does not have a VIN limitation. Furthermore, due to the license dongle functionality the HEX+CAN-USB interface hardware is multi-workstaion capable.
- Plugs-ins VC-Scope, TDI-Graph and LCode
- Software updates through Download for free for an indefinite period of time, however at least 12 months from the purchase date
- Technical support after purchase through Das deutsche VCDS Forum and Die deutsche VCDS Wiki
- Anleitung for the use of the german VCDS Forum and the german VCDS Wiki
The following application possibilities are supported:
- Automated test sequence
- Control device information (and expanded CAN information)
- Actuator test (sequential/selective)
- Basic setting
- Coding (short/long/subsystems)
- Value blocks (real-time data)
- Adaption (long/short)
- Readiness (read/set)
- German database of fault codes with error texts
- Service reset
- EOBD/OBD2 functions (spans multiple brands)
- and much more!
- 16 pole ISO 9141-2 OBD2 plug made from tough ABS plastic with proper fit
- Gold plated contacts for highest stability and contact security
- Two CAN diagnosis cables (CAN high/CAN low)
- Dual Color LED with status function for communication and short circuit detection
- Automatic baud rate detection
- License dongle functionality for VAG-COM Diagnosis Software (VCDS)
- PU coated, extreme tearproof and flexible connection cable
- Cable made in Germany, with long life span
- Practical velcro cable binders for orderly storage
You can find the latest software version of VCDS hier.
To download the user manual please click here hier.
Working memory: minimum of 4 GB
Hard disk space: minimum of 1 GB
Port: USB 1.1 or newer
Screen resolution: minimum of 800 x 600 (1024 x 768 recommended)
Processor: Intel Pentium IV (equivalent or better)
Single-core Atom Processors are no longer supported
Operating systems: Current Microsoft Windows operating system
VCDS works on Notebooks, Subnotes, Tablet-PCs, most Netbooks as well as standard Desktop-PCs. Furthermore, VCDS is not compatible with Microsoft Windows CE and RT!
Other operating systems like GNU/Linux or Apple Mac OS are no longer supported. The usage of virtual machines, for example, VirtualPC, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox or VMware is not advised.