This version is especially suited for workshops and professional users because they can diagnose an unlimited number of vehicles from the VAG group.
- Automated test sequence
- Control device information (and expanded CAN information)
- Actuator test (sequential/selective)
- Basic setting
- Coding (short/long/subsystems)
- Value blocks (real-time data)
- Adaption (long/short)
- Readiness (read/set)
- German database of fault codes with error texts
- Service reset
- EOBD/OBD2 functions (spans multiple brands)
- and much more!
For portable use the Ross-Tech® VCDS-Mobile®, a browser based variant of VCDS, is at your service. This enables the utilization of all smartphones and tablets that have access to a W-LAN connection and a browser. It does not matter which operating system your mobile device runs on. Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry as well as other operating systems are supported by VCDS-Mobile. VCDS-Mobile is currently available in english as a draft version with a limited range of functions.
Comparative advantages to older VCDS diagnostic systems:
- Wireless connection to PCs, Laptops, Smartphones and Tablets
- Supports the new vehicle generations, starting in model year 2016 (for example Audi MLB2)
- Up to 3 times faster communication with the vehicle (for example Auto-Scan) in comparison to HEX+CAN
- Monitors vehicle voltage (terminal 15 and 30)
- Automatic shutdown, makes permanent connection with the vehicle possible (sleep function)
- Daily updated data through Cloud functionality
- Improved materials for better stability
- Plugins VC-Scope, TDI-Graph and LCode
- Software updates through Download for free for an indefinite period of time, however at least 12 months
- Technical support after purchase through Das deutsche VCDS Forum and Die deutsche VCDS Wiki
- Anleitung for the use of the german VCDS forum and the german VCDS Wiki
- 16 pole ISO 9141-2 OBD2 plug made from fiber-reinforced ABS plastic with proper fit
- PU coated, extreme tearproof and flexible USB connection cable with long life span
- Gold plated connections for highest stability and contact security
- 3 LEDs with status function for W-LAN, communication and short circuit detection
- 2 CAN diagnosis cables (KWP 6000 and KWP 7000)
- 2 K diagnosis cables (KWP 1281 and KWP 2000)
- License dongle functionality for VAG-COM diagnostic software (VCDS)
- Automatic baud rate detection
- Terminal 15 monitoring
- Working memory: minimum of 4 GB
- Hard disk space: minimum of 1 GB
- Port: USB 1.1 or newer
- Screen resolution: minimum 800 x 600 (1024 x 768 recommended)
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV (equivalent or better), single-core atom processors are no longer supported
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
VCDS works on Notebooks, Subnotes, Tablet-PCs, most Netbooks as well as standard Desktop-PCs. VCDS is not compatible with Microsoft Windows CE and RT! Other operating systems like GNU/Linux or Apple Mac OS are not supported. The usage of virtual machines like for example VirtualPC, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox oder VMware is not advised.
- Ross-Tech® HEX-NET® diagnostic interface (Professional Version)
- Connection cable USB-A to USB-B (length about 1 meter / 3.3 feet)
- OBD2 extension with 90° angle plug
- Check loop for the MOST databus
- Handy carrying strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Daily updated VCDS diagnostic software for Windows on USB-Stick
- Hardy storage case
Depiction may differ from product
You can find the latest software version of VCDS hier.
To download the user manual please click hier.
The difference between the Ross-Tech HEX-NET and the Ross-Tech HEX-V2 diagnostic case is found hier.