The Professional Version is especially suited for workshops and professional users because they can diagnose an unlimited number of vehicles from the VAG group.
- Automated test sequence
- Control device information (and expanded CAN information)
- Actuator test (sequential/selective)
- Basic setting
- Coding (short/long/subsystems)
- Value blocks (real-time data)
- Adaption (long/short)
- Readiness (read/set)
- German database of fault codes with error texts
- Service reset
- EOBD/OBD2 functions (spans multiple brands)
- and much more!
This evolution of the worldwide popular Ross-Tech HEX+CAN interface hardware can, like before, be used with the VCDS software which is based on Windows. In EOBD mode this interface grants access to diagnostic functions concerning exhaust and spanning multiple brands (such as Mercedes Benz, BMW, newer Opel models, all french brands, multiple asian brands and much more). Furthermore, due to the license dongle functionality of the HEX-V2 interface hardware the system is multi-workstation capable.
Comparative advantages to older VCDS diagnostic systems:
- Robust USB cable, removable and replaceable
- Supports the newer vehicle generations, starting in model year 2016 (for example Audi MLB2)
- Improved materials for better stability, longer life span, improved exterior looks as well as ease of use
- Up to 3 times faster communication with the vehicle (for example Auto-Scan) in comparison to HEX+CAN
- New micro controller that makes future expansions of VCDS functions possible
- Plug-ins VC-Scope, TDI-Graph and LCode
- Software updates through Download for free for an indefinite amount of time, however at least 12 months from the purchase date
- Technical support after purchase through Das deutsche VCDS Forum and Die deutsche VCDS Wiki
- Anleitung for the use of the german VCDS forum and the german VCDS Wiki
- 16 pole ISO 9141-2 OBD2 plug made from fiber reinforced ABS plastic with proper fit
- PU coated, extreme tearproof and flexible USB connection cable with long life span
- Gold plated connections for highest stability and contact security
- 2 LEDs for a multi-color display of the type of connection
- 2 CAN diagnosis cables (KWP 6000 and KWP 7000)
- 2 K diagnosis cables (KWP 1281 and KWP 2000)
- License dongle functionality for VAG-COM diagnostic software (VCDS)
- Automatic baud rate detection
- Working memory: minimum of 4 GB
- Hard disk space: minimum of 1 GB
- Port: USB 1.1 or newer
- Screen resolution: minimum of 800 x 600 (1024 x 768 recommended)
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV (equivalent or better), single-core atom processors are no longer supported
- Operating systems: Current Microsoft Windows operating system
VCDS works on Notebooks, Subnotes, Tablet PCs, most Netbooks as well as standard PCs. VCDS is not compatible with Microsoft Windows CE and RT! Other operating systems like GNU/Linux or Apple Mac OS are not supported. The use of virtual machines like for example VirtualPC, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox oder VMware is not advised.
- Ross-Tech® HEX-V2® diagnostic interface (Professional Version without VIN limitation)
- Connection cable USB-A to USB-B (length About 1,5 m / 4.9 feet)
- Adapter LT
- Adapter 2x2
- Check loop for the MOST databus
- OBD2 Extension (length about 5 m / 16.4 feet)
- Daily updated VCDS diagnostic software
- Quick start guide
- Hardy storage case
- Laptop compartment: About 26,5 x 20 x 4,5 cm / 10.4 x 7.8 x 1.7 Inch (width x length x height)
- Cable compartment: About 24 x 7 x 4,5 cm / 9.5 x 2.8 x 1.7 Inch ( width x length x height)
Product may differ from depiction
You can find the latest software version of VCDS hier.
To download the user manual please click hier.
The difference between the Ross-Tech HEX-NET and the Ross-Tech HEX-V2 diagnostic case is found hier.