The Ross-Tech® HEX-NET® is the wireless diagnostic system for all Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda and Bentley vehicles from 1992 to more recent series of models, as well as other small batch series and utility vehicles based on Volkswagen technology.
The Ross-Tech® HEX-NET® is available in 2 different versions:
- 10 VIN Enthusiast version (max. 10 vehicles)
- Professional version (unlimited amount of vehicles)
- Automated test sequence
- Control device information (and expanded CAN information)
- Actuator test (sequential / selective)
- Basic setting
- Coding (short / long / subsystems)
- Value blocks (real-time data)
- Adaption (long / short)
- Readiness (read / set)
- German database of fault codes with error texts
- Service reset
- EOBD / OBD2 functions (spans multiple brands)
- and much more!
This evolution of the worldwide popular Ross-Tech HEX+CAN interface hardware can, like before, be used with the Ross-Tech® VCDS® software, which is based on Windows. With this, it supports both a classic USB connection as well as wi-fi functionality and offers a new dimension of scope and comfort. For separate and especially older models / other brands (for example Linde, KTM), additional adapters are optionally available. In EOBD mode this interface grants access to diagnostic functions concerning exhaust and spanning multiple brands (such as Mercedes Benz, BMW, newer Opel models, all French brands, multiple Asian brands and much more). Furthermore, due to the licence dongle functionality of the HEX-NET interface hardware the system is multi-workstation capable.
For portable use the Ross-Tech® VCDS-Mobile®, a browser based variant of VCDS, is at your service. This enables the utilization of all smartphones and tablets that have access to a wi-fi connection and a browser. It does not matter which operating system your mobile device runs on. Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry as well as other operating systems are supported by VCDS-Mobile. VCDS-Mobile is currently available in English as a draft version with a limited range of functions.
Comparative advantages to older VCDS diagnostic systems:
- Wireless connection to PCs, laptops, smartphones and tablets
- Supports the new vehicle generations, starting in model year 2016 (for example Audi MLB2)
- Up to 3 times faster communication with the vehicle (for example Auto-Scan) in comparison to HEX+CAN
- Monitor vehicle voltage (terminal 15 and 30)
- Automatic shutdown, makes permanent connection with the vehicle possible (sleep function)
- Daily updated data through Cloud functionality
- Improved materials for better stability
- Plugins VC-Scope, TDI-Graph and LCode
- Software updates through download for free for an undetermined period of time, however at least 12 months from the purchase date
- Technical support after purchase through the German VCDS discussion board and the German VCDS Wiki
- Manual for the use of the German VCDS discussion board and the German VCDS Wiki
- Due to the communication rate of 240 bits per second, found in Audi TDI engine control devices built from 1991 to 1994, the HEX-NET and HEX-V2 interfaces can not establish a connection. A HEX+CAN-USB diagnostic system is required for these engine control devices.
- 16 pole ISO 9141-2 OBD2 plug made from tough ABS plastic with proper fit
- Flexible USB connection cable with a length of approx. 1m
- Gold-plated contacts for highest stability and contact security
- 3 LEDs with status function for Wi-Fi, communication and short circuit detection
- 2 CAN diagnosis cables (KWP 6000 and KWP 7000)
- 2 K diagnosis cables (KWP 1281 and KWP 2000)
- DoiP (UDS ISO 14229-1)
- Licence dongle function for the VAG-COM diagnosis Software (VCDS)
- To use your Ross-Tech HEX-NET to its fullest extent, it must be registered with the manufacturer Ross-Tech LLC. after installation of the Software.
- Automatic baud-rate detection
- Monitoring of the vehicle voltage (terminal clip 15 and 30)
- Continuous connection to vehicle possible because of automatic deactivation (sleep mode)
- Working memory: minimum of 2 GB
- Hard disk space: minimum of 1 GB
- Port: USB (1.0, 2.0 or 3.0) Type A
- Screen resolution: minimum of 800 x 600
- Operating systems: current Microsoft Windows operating System
Not compatible operating systems or versions:
- Microsoft Windows XP and Vista
- Microsoft Windows CE, RT and 10 S
- Other operating systems, such as GNU/Linux or Apple macOS
Not compatible processors:
- Single-core atom processors
- ARM or ARM64 processors
- The usage of virtual machines like for example VirtualPC, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox or VMware is not advised
- Ross-Tech® HEX-NET® diagnostic interface (Professional version)
- Connection cable USB-A to USB-B (length about 1 m / 3.3 feet)
- OBD2 extension with 90° angle plug
- Check loop for the MOST databus
- Handy carrying strap
- Quick Start Guide
- Daily updated VCDS diagnostic software for Windows on USB stick
- Study storage case
Product may differ from depiction
All supported models are found in our vehicle list (PDF file).
You can find the latest software version of VCDS here.
To download the user manual please click here.
The difference between the Ross-Tech HEX-NET and the Ross-Tech HEX-V2 diagnostic case is found here.