Engineering, service, diagnosis
The textbook "Praxiswissen Pkw-Klimaanlagen - Technik, Service, Diagnose" second edition, goes into detail of engineering, diagnosis and maintenance of modern air conditioning systems in motor vehicles. First, the author describes the complete air conditioning system as well as the single components and delivers basic information regarding the physical principles. Furthermore, Torsten Schmidt highlights different refrigerants and the differences of compressor oils. A new chapter about refrigerant R744 (CO2) adds to the second edition. Schmidt describes workshop-relevant aspects like checking and diagnosis possibilities / effects of error sources. Additionally, he goes into detail of the electronic control as well as the sensors and actuators of the air condition circulation. Possible problems that appear specifically during service in workshops and can possibly cause consequential damage to the air conditioning system are explored by Schmidt. An additional chapter concerns itself with error finding - for example by checking the system temperatures.
Please note, this book is entirely in German!
- The tasks of air conditioning systems (including additional tasks in hybrid vehicles)
- Physical cooling technology principles
- Refrigerant (R134a, R1234yf, hazard potential)
- Structure and function of motor vehicle air conditioning systems (including hybrid vehicles)
- Components of air condition circulation in detail (tasks, function, checking, including electric compressors)
- Electric / electronic air conditioning system control (tasks, functions, diagnosis sensors / actuators)
- The air conditioning system service and important maintenance (for example rinsing methods, disinfection)
- Error finding in air conditioning systems (among other things, methods for discovering leaks, causes for lacking cooling efficiency)
- New: Latest developments regarding alternative refrigerants - R744 (CO2)
The textbook "Praxiswissen Pkw-Klimaanlagen" is suited for trainees, trainers and teachers in the automotive trade, automotive mechatronics, automotive engineers and masters, respective specialist engineers and all who deal with the subject of air conditioning systems in workshops.