In automotive diagnostics, the AC coupling adapter is very useful because you can see certain signals more closely which simplifies finding the problem. AC coupling removes the DC component of your signal so that it is oscillating around zero. This is advantageous because it allows you to zoom in further on the waveform and measure small AC disturbances.
The main application is performing relative engine compression tests by observing the AC pulsations of the cranking current with a current clamp. You can also view the rectified voltage pulsations of the car Alternator.
- Input frequency range: 1Hz - 10MHz
- Max. input voltage: 50V
- Connector: RG-58 50 Ohm BNC
- Operating temperature range: 0°C - 40°C
- Dimensions: 60 mm x 21 mm x 17 mm
- Weight: 25 g
The most common applications of the AC coupling adapter:
- Relative compression tests by measuring the engine cranking current with a current clamp
- View rectified voltage pulsations of the car alternator